How to create a
Video Sales Letter for your Promotional Video
That converts like crazy!!!
For entrepreneurs, generating MORE SALES is a top priority.
Without enough sales you’ll have to cut costs, lay off employees and at worse your business dies.
Running a business can be a very stressful responsibility but it doesn’t have to be.
Are you using a video sales letter for your business? If not, you’re missing out on one of the most effective marketing techniques on the internet.
What’s a video sales letter?
A video sales letter or VSL for short is a method used to sell customers on your product or service through the use of video. Video sales letters replace written sales copy with a video. Today, companies all over the world use video to sell. Here’s why?
In the modern world, our brains are overloaded with so much information every single day. Your customers attention spans are shrinking. People are far too lazy to read 25 pages of marketing copy to make a buying decision.
People want to digest information quickly, easily and be entertained in the process. That’s why creating a marketing video to help sell your product or service is so important.
But… The unfortunate truth is that most marketing videos don’t sell a damn thing. The problem is companies rush into making a video without learning how to write an effective video script first. Or they just don’t know what to SAY in their videos to actually make a sale!
The script is the foundation for the whole video. Get it wrong and everything falls apart. You’ll waste time and money that you will never get back.
But don’t worry… Read below to learn the proven formula that is guaranteed to bring your business more sales than you can handle.
Advantages Of Video Marketing.
Video does a few things better than an average sales letter such as:
- Builds a stronger relationship with potential customers. This leads to more sales.
- It’s an eco-friendly way to get your message out there. No wasting paper that will likely will end up in the garbage.
- Builds more trust because you can make a stronger connection with the prospect.
- Educates and entertains your target audience at the same time.
- Video gets your message across better because it stimulates more scenes by combining audio with visuals elements.
- Converts better than “normal” sales letters.
- Take advantage of the extra traffic through the power of YouTube Marketing.
- You can use video to make your sales pitch without turning off potential customers.
Created two video sales letters so far and I’ve been blown away with the results. – Lewis Howes
The Video Sales Letter Formula
1. Grab your audience’s attention by:
- Using a little humor.
- Bringing up their biggest pain point or problem.
- Making a big claim or promise.
- Opening with a shocking or surprising statement,
- or sharing an Interesting statistic.
- You must grab and keep their attention in the first 10 to 30 seconds of your video.
2. Identify the problem & WHY It’s a Big Deal.
- Remind them of the problem they are facing.
- Why it’s something they can’t ignore.
- In the beginning focus on their pain points.
- Share an emotional story detailing someone’s experience with the problem.
3. Agitate the problem.
- Let them know WHY this is a lot worse than they think.
- Hit them – HARD – on an emotional level.
- What happens if the problem goes unchecked?
- What’s the worst case scenario?
- Go really deep with the problem.
- No pain, No sale.
- People buy things to avoid future or existing pain.
4. Introduce The Solution
- Show them that you have the perfect solution to their problem.
- How can you save the day?
- What can you offer your customers to solve this problem?
5. Results, Features and benefits
- Demonstrate the features of your product or service and how that’s beneficial to your customers.
- Benefits are far more persuasive than features. It’s better to combine them together.
- Use the formula: Feature SO THAT benefit.
6. Social Proof / Credibility:
- Here’s where you PROVE what you say is true.
- Why should they listen to you?
- This is where you sell yourself, your company.
- Position yourself as a trustworthy authority.
- You can mention your credentials here.
- You can show testimonials, statistics, screenshots of results, before and after pictures, etc.
- How many people have you helped?
- Do you have any raging reviews?
- How have you changed your customers lives?
- You can’t expect your viewers to simply take your word for it.
7. Call To Action
- End with a strong call to action so your visitors know what to do next.
- Don’t keep them guessing.
- It’s better if you say something like “If you want to solve XYZ problem or get XYZ benifit sign up for our free trial today!”
Looking to Create a Sales Video For Your Business?
Use Our Video Sales Letter Creator To Plan Your Next Video Success
Are you looking to make a great video sales letter for your business, but just don’t know where to begin? Use this worksheet below to map out your videos sales copy. Fill it out to the best of your ability. * Only required fields is your name and email. This form will send you an email with all the questions and answers.